Last Updated: 3/01/2012
As an extension to its core VetShout product offering, VetShout offers a complimentary listing service (the "MySite Reviews"). As part of the Review Service, VetShout gives its subscribers access to tools that provide their customers with the ability to write reviews and comments regarding the subscriber's business. Once they pass through our verification process, those reviews become a part of the business information that we may publish to third party web services, including search engines, websites and indexes, for inclusion in publicly available web pages. These reviews may also appear on the VetShout website, web pages VetShout creates and maintains on its subscribers' behalf, partner pages and subscribers' own independently created websites.
It is up to the third party sites to accept the submissions of business information that VetShout makes. VetShout has no control of third party web sites or resources that are provided by companies or persons other than that of VetShout. In addition, these third parties may publish the business information we provide alongside information provided by other sources, or may make changes, enhancements, additions or deletions to the business information we provide, with or without notice to VetShout or to our subscribers. These third party services, if any, are provided solely by those third party sites, and subject to the terms and conditions of those third party sites. These terms are in addition to any other terms and conditions specified in our contracts with VetShout subscribers, written or implied.
As described in our standard terms and conditions, if you are a VetShout subscriber you agree to participate in the MySite Review Service, and allow VetShout to make this data available and provide registration services to third party sites. In addition, if you are a VetShout subscriber you agree to comply with the terms and procedures regarding review creation, verification and removal described more fully below. VetShout makes no warranty as to the effect that your participation in the MySite Review Service will have upon search engine results, index placement, search ranking, or any other outcome with respect to third party sites and services.
When one of our subscribers' customers writes a review in the VetShout product, that review becomes a candidate for external publication and will appear within the subscriber's product MySIte with a notification that it is ready to be reviewed by by the subscriber. In order to ensure accuracy, fairness, integrity of review content and the security of customer data, subscribers may take any of the following actions with respect to these reviews:
- Do nothing, in which case the review will be published externally
- Subscriber may remove the Review from their MySite page
- Request that VetShout remove the review, in which case the request must comply with the removal request procedure described more fully below.
A candidate review that has not been removed pursuant to the removal request procedure will become a VetShout Verified Review, and labeled as such in the business information we submit to third parties.
Takedown request criteria
VetShout seeks to publish reviews that accurately and fairly represent the opinions of the users of our subscribers' services. In general, every review written by a client of one of our subscribers will be published with the business information, unless that review is demonstrated to violate one or more of the criteria set forth below.
Reviews or comments can be removed if they:
- Are abusive. An abusive review or comment is one that makes personal attacks, threatens, or harasses others, or uses profanity.
- Violate privacy. Reviews that mention specific names of individuals or posts personal information in the review or comments in a manner that is inappropriate and/or unrelated to the performance of the service rendered are subject to removal.
- Are not from a current customer. A current customer is one who has received services within the preceding 12 months.
- Contain material falsehoods or inaccuracies. Reviews or comments must be objective and factual, and cannot contain inaccuracies or false statements that are material to the service performed, or significant unrelated content, such as spam or promotional materials.
VetShout believes that removal request criteria are infrequently violated, and as a result that the removal request procedure should be invoked only rarely or in exceptional circumstances. Comments made in response to client reviews are subject to the same removal criteria as reviews themselves, and are subject to oversight and removal by VetShout.
The removal request procedure is subject to VetShout's oversight and review. If VetShout determines that a subscriber or a subscriber's staff is not complying with the removal request procedure, or that the removal request procedure is being abused, circumvented or otherwise violated, VetShout reserves the right to unilaterally take action to stop such abuse by terminating its contract with such subscriber, ceasing to provide the business data to third parties, or otherwise taking steps to ensure the continued integrity of the Review Service.
Use of reviews
In the event of any termination of a subscriber's subscription for any reason, as provided in our standard terms and conditions, when the Review Service terminates VetShout will continue to provide the business information to third party services, unless that subscriber requests immediate termination of the Review Service in writing. Upon such request, VetShout will no longer provide the business information to third parties, and will remove all past references to the business information in the data it publishes to third parties, which may result in the removal of the business information from third party sites and indexes.
Guidelines for reviews
The following guidelines are provided to consumers leaving reviews about VetShout subscribers:
- Make the review objective, useful and informative. Be specific to give the reader a feel for your experience.
- Write about the kind of information you would want when you are asking a friend or coworker for a recommendation for a Veterinary Clinic. Did the experience meet your expectations? Would you go back? Would you recommend this Clinic?
- Keep it short and to the point. Write short sentences that stick to the highlights of your experience. The recommended length for a review is no more than 200 words.
Guidelines for business comments
VetShout subscribers should note that reviews may not be removed merely because the subscriber does not like the content of the review, or because the review is unfavorable. Even the best service businesses have unhappy customers from time to time. Even negative reviews, when well-handled, can lead to the improvement of a subscriber's reputation. Below are some guidelines for responding to user reviews:
- Please, simple and polite.
- Tell readers what you're done to address the issue or concern raised by the reviewer.
- Provide correct information when a review contains something inaccurate or out-of-date.
- Show that you listen to your customers and are proactive in following up with them to address any feedback they have.
- Don't write a comment when you are upset. Wait until you're had some time to think about a review, can address it in a constructive way.
- Do not use the business comments as a forum for advertising.
This Public Reviews and Comment Policy is incorporated by reference into the VetShout standard terms and condition, as amended from time to time.